Reposted from here
I would ask something of you. I would ask that you join with Anonymous in fighting the companies, industries, and individuals that would like to control the information available to you. That IS what the Anonymous attacks are all about. There really IS a concerted effort taking place to censor the Internet, and decide what YOU are allowed to know and experience. How does that make you feel? Personally, it makes me retch.
I understand the fear you may have in opening your computer to being part of the bot.net (DDoS attack). It is an understandable fear. I get it. However, there are other ways that you can participate in this fight without relinquishing control of your computer. This is a fight that concerns you, as both a consumer, and a self-determining individual. The world, since the inception of the Internet, has become a much larger one for all of us. Would you stand aside and let a small group of men, women, and inhuman corporations dictate to you how much of that world you are allowed to experience? I would think not; and, rest assured that their intentions are to do exactly that.
“We’ve got to disconnect the American Internet from all traffic coming in from this country.” – Joe Lieberman
Senator Lieberman then went on to cite China as an example of this procedure already being in practice. Do we want America to follow in the foot-steps of China?
In a statement about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, Sarah Palin had this to say,
“He is an anti-American operative with blood on his hands. His past posting of classified documents revealed the identity of more than 100 Afghan sources to the Taliban. Why was he not pursued with the same urgency we pursue al-Qaeda and Taliban leaders?”
In Palin’s mind information appears to be dangerous. Would she have us begin rounding-up librarians next? Yes, she probably would. Especially if those librarians were promoting information that exposes the full-truth, and not the shadow of truth that the “establishment” likes to perpetuate. A perfect example of this shadow truth is the blatant lie, being stated by every American news company, that Anonymous is composed of “1000 members world-wide”. The real truth is that Anonymous is 9000 strong, and with the rapid increase in downloads of the XerXes software (the DDoS attacker), and Anonymous Friend (IP blocker), there is a clear indication that their numbers are expanding at an exponential rate.
Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, and Amazon have all either blocked accounts of Julian Assange, or canceled accounts pertaining to WikiLeaks. This is an absurdity, since they continue to let websites supporting the KKK still link with them. That’s right folks! If they have their way, you will not be able to learn the truth about your government’s actions, but, you can still donate to a racist organization. Funny. I thought transparency of government was required within the U.S. Constitution, and that discrimination was against the law. Apparently not where the Internet is concerned, or through the eyes of Visa or MasterCard.
The method I would suggest, if you choose not to be part of the front-line of attack, would be to USE YOUR VOICE, and indicate your support for Anonymous. The following is a list of companies, or individuals, with links to their Facebook accounts, that have supported the closure of WikiLeaks, and are lobbying heavily for Internet censorship:
- Visa – http://www.facebook.com/VisaGoWorld
- MasterCard – http://www.facebook.com/mastercard
- PayPal – http://www.facebook.com/paypal
- Joe Lieberman – http://www.facebook.com/joelieberman
- Sarah Palin – http://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin
- PostFinance – http://www.facebook.com/postfinance
- Amazon – http://www.facebook.com/Amazon
Now is the time for you to speak out, as loud as you can, against these machiavellian would be deciders of your information. Here’s how you can use your voice as an effective weapon:
1) Email or call your Representative and Senators and let them know that you want an OPEN and UNCONTROLLED/MANIPULATED INTERNET
2) Use your existing social networking sites to locate the business pages for these individuals and companies and FLAG THEM as “Abusive”, “Spam” and then “Block” them. I reported the business pages as “Spam or Scam”, and the individual’s pages as “Hate Speech” targeting “Me or a friend”.
3) Create new pages on your social networking sites just so you can block these information controllers. This would be the most time consuming activation of your voice of them all, but, it will be very effective, especially if you use Anonymous Friend to block your IP first, so that the webmaster does not know you are effectively spamming your dislike.
4) Tell your friends to do the same. Use your Internet to spread the word. Use your phone to spread the word. Get everyone you know on-board, and we can reassert our right to learn.
If we stand together now, we can win this war before the fight becomes more difficult!